Asia Pacific Geothermal Forum
Identifying the significant opportunities for geothermal stakeholders to capitalize on in the Asia Pacific region
The Philippines and Indonesia represent the second and third largest installed bases of geothermal power in the world, yet the region has barely scratched the surface of potential geothermal resources. Indonesia has ambitiously targeted nearly 4GW of new geothermal capacity by 2014, with private sector developers expected to fill around half of this gap. Meanwhile,The Philippines has targeted over 1.4GW of increased capacity as part of its long term renewables plan looking to 2030, with 1,020 MW of new installations expected to come online between 2015-2020.
With numerous projects in the development phase and new tenders yet to be won around other places like India, Malaysia, China in the APAC region, there are significant opportunities for geothermal stakeholders to capitalise on these markets.
The Asia Pacific Geothermal Forum will bring together policy figures with local and international geothermal companies from across the geothermal value chain, discuss issues around how to leverage the investment to stimulate the growth of the industry, look at all the commercial and technical issues of current geothermal projects, policy and regulatory developments, financial and legal issues to construct and operate a successful plant.
Confirmed High Profile Speakers to-date include:
- Soritaon Siregar, Chairman, PIP
- Marissa Cerezo, OIC-Assistant Director, Renewable Energy Management Bureau, Department of Energy, Philippines
- Varun Chandrasekhar, Chief Executive Officer, GeoSyndicate
- Roger Buendia, President, PNOC Renewables Corporation
The forum brings together NOCs, IOCs, EPC Contractors, Technology provider, Drilling Contractors, Financial Institutions, Law Firms and consultants
investing and developing Geothermal Plants in the APAC region with the following topics being covered over the three days:
- Harnessing Asia's Enormous Geothermal Potential to Form Long Term, Sustainable and Secure Energy Markets
- Understanding Tendering and Permitting Procedures for Land and Licence Acquisition in Indonesia and Philippines
- Streamlining the Process of Obtaining a Power Purchase Agreement (PPA)
- Expanding the Reach of Geothermal Energy Through Enhanced Geothermal Systems (EGS)
For additional information about the programme, press enquiries, or to become a partner, contact Anthony Webb on +44 (0)203 615 2877 or email@example.com